- Put the mini chicken fillets into a glass or plastic bowl (avoid using a metal one as the lime juices might react to it) and add the olive oil, soy sauce, chilli sauce, lime zest and lime juice. Season with a little salt and pepper. Toss together, then cover and chill for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, soak 12 wooden kebab sticks in hot water (this helps to prevent them from burning). Otherwise, use metal skewers.
- When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue or grill. Thread the chicken fillets onto the kebab sticks or skewers.
- Cook the kebabs on the barbecue or under the grill for 10-12 mins, turning them occasionally and basting with the marinade.
- At the same time, barbecue or grill the courgettes and peppers, brushing them first with a little olive oil.
- Check that each kebab is fully cooked by inserting a clean sharp knife into the chicken – meat should be steaming and juices should run clear with no trace of pink juices.
- If there are, cook for a few more minutes and check again with a clean knife.
- For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, lime juice or vinegar and mustard. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken kebabs with the vegetables, salad and cherry tomatoes, drizzled with the dressing.
- Find out more about the FSA’s top tips and join the #ChickenChallenge here: https://www.food.gov.uk/chicken-challenge and easy to make recipes visit: http://www.birdseye.co.uk/Recipes
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These flavour-packed mini chicken fillets are marinated in lime juice, soy sauce and chilli, then threaded onto skewers and served with salad and barbecued vegetables
500g (1lb 2oz) mini chicken fillets 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing 2 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (may contain sesame depending on brand) Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 courgettes, sliced diagonally 2 peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks Mixed salad leaves and cherry tomatoes, to serve Dressing: 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp lime juice or white wine vinegar 1 tsp wholegrain mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a