- Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, salt and sugar. Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth. (This can be done in a large food processor or blender in two batches if preferred.)
- Heat a 20cm - 24cm crepe pan or frying pan on a medium to high heat. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil on the pan and work into the surface with a kitchen towel. Use the retained batter to practise and help season the pan. Take about 70-80ml batter and pour onto one side of the pan, immediately swirl the batter around and down to cover the whole pan, pouring off the excess into a bowl (the excess can be added to the batter and used again.) When the crepe is covered in small holes and is cooked and browned on one side, turn the crepe over with a spatula and cook on the other side until browned. Place the cooked crepe on greaseproof paper over a cooling rack. Interleave each crepe with greaseproof paper to make a stack. Continue until all the plain batter is used. You should have at least 12 crepes.
- To make a banoffee ‘pie’: first peel and cut the banana in half, then make four slices along the length of the banana halves.
- Whip the cream until it reaches the stiff peak stage and place in a piping bag.
- With each crepe, fold in half, then make a triangular ‘cone’ shape by folding the crepe in thirds, using centre of the crepe’s straight edge as the point of the cone. Place sliced bananas in the crepe cone and fill each with whipped cream.
- Finish the presentation with salted caramel sauce poured under the cream and over the bananas.
Recipe from Joe and Sephs in collaboration with What Dad Cooked.
For more baking recipes grab the latest copy of Yours.
Not a fan of American pancakes? Then stick to crepes. Filled with bananas, cream and caramel sauce, these taste just like a banoffee pie!
250g plain white four Pinch of salt 30g caster sugar 4 large eggs 2 tbs melted unsalted butter 600ml whole milk 100ml double cream For banoffee ‘pies': 4 - 6 ripe but firm bananas 400ml double cream Joe & Seph's salted caramel sauce
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4-6 Nutrition: n/a