- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Dry fry the sausages until browned. Remove from the pan
- Chop peppers and onion into bitesize pieces and crush garlic. Cut sweet potatoes into wedges. Lastly, slice the chorizo ring and set aside
- Add onion to the pan and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the peppers and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Add the crushed garlic
- Meanwhile, cut the sausages into bitesize pieces and set aside
- Add chorizo to the pan and cook for 5 minutes to release the oils. Add the fresh thyme
- Add the pork sausages and stir to coat them in the oil. Then add the tomatoes and stock to the pan
- At this stage you can transfer to a casserole dish and cook in the oven or leave to simmer on the stove with a lid on
- 10 minutes before the end, add the 2 drained cans of cannellini beans to the sausages and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Serve in bowls sprinkled with a little parsley
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and a small bowl of low fat natural yogurt sprinkled with smoked paprika.
- Recipe from www.sainsburys.co.uk
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
To make this dish even healthier swap the soured cream for low fat natural yoghurt – just as tasty, but lower in fat
6 good quality sausages (we used Taste the Difference Toulouse) 1/3 of a 225g Spanish chorizo ring, cubed or chopped 1 large can chopped tomatoes 2 cans cannellini beans in water, drained 2-3 peppers (red, orange, yellow) 1 red onion, chopped 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed 250ml reduced salt chicken stock 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 1 tsp smoked paprika low fat natural yoghurt
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a