- Place the fish in a non-stick frying pan season with a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour in the milk, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and gently simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the fish has turned opaque. 3. Transfer the fish to a plate using a fish slice and keep warm; reserve the cooking juices.
- Wipe out the pan, add the butter and mushrooms and saute for 2 mins until the mushrooms are golden. Add the cooking juices and crème fraîche, simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- Arrange the fish on two warm plates, spoon over the sauce then scatter over the chives.
- Serve with mashed potato and wilted spinach.
Recipe from www.justaddmushrooms.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This dish is best served with creamy mashed potato and wilted spinach
2x 200g fillets smoked haddock 150ml semi-skimmed milk knob of butter 75g brown closed cup mushrooms, sliced 2 tbsp half fat crème fraîche small bunch of chives, snipped freshly ground black pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: Cals 262, Fat 8g