- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Slice off the top rind of each goat’s cheese and tie a string around the centre to stop the cheese collapsing.
- Use a pestle and mortar to bruise and mix together the olive oil, 1 sprig of rosemary, 1 clove of garlic and lemon zest, along with a pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Spread the mixture over the top of each cheese.
- Finely slice the second clove of garlic and stud each cheese, along with a few rosemary leaves.
- Place the cheeses on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 6-8 mins, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 1 min, just to soften, and plunge into ice cold water.
- Pat the spears dry before wrapping half a slice of Parma Ham around each.
- When the cheese is ready, remove from the oven and serve immediately, along with plenty of Parma Ham and asparagus dippers.
This recipe is courtesy of Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma. Photography: Steve Lee. Recipe and Food Styling: Dialogue Agency
For more recipes, grab the latest Yours.
Enjoy this cheesy treat on a warm summers day
2 80-100g (3oz - 3½oz) goat's cheese 2 tbsp olive oil 2 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped 2 cloves garlic Finely grated zest of ½ lemon Salt and black pepper 6 asparagus spears 3 slices Parma Ham
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: N/A