- Season your piece of cod and spread butter over the skin, this helps make the skin crisp up.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, add a little vegetable oil and place the cod in the pan skin side down.
- Leave over the heat for 2-3 minutes and place in the oven, still skin side down.
- Heat a saucepan (one that has a lid).
- After the cod has been in the oven for 3 minutes turn over so it’s flesh side down.
- In a bowl add the cockles, samphire, white wine and butter. Put this into the saucepan and place the lid on the pan as quickly as possible.
- Cook for 1 minute, take off the heat and pour the contents into your serving dish.
- Take the cod out of the oven and place on top of cockles.
Recipe from Chef David Haetzman.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with a salad or potatoes for a tasty winter main
180g Cod (skin on) 6-10 cockles 15g samphire 15mls white wine 1 knob of butter
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a