- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Heat 2 tbsp Cooking Liquid in a frying pan and cook the garlic, onion and aubergine over a medium heat until very soft, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir the sun-dried tomato paste and peppers into the frying pan and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
- Spread 1 tsp Cooking Liquid over each piece of bread, then top with the aubergine mixture and spread it out evenly. Arrange the bread in a baking dish or on a baking sheet and top each one with a cod or haddock fillet.
- Brush a little extra Cooking Liquid over the fish and season with black pepper. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked – the flesh should flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve, garnished with basil leaves.
Cook’s tip: For a vegetarian recipe, use slices of goat’s cheese instead of the fish, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe from Lurpak® Cook’s Range Cooking Liquid.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The salsa tastes delicious used as a spread or toast topper, and keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days – try doubling up the quantities so that you have plenty
4 tbsp Lurpak® Cook's Range Cooking Liquid 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 red onion, finely chopped 1 small aubergine, finely chopped 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste 100g roasted red peppers (packed in brine), finely chopped 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 4 thick slices sourdough bread or rustic bread 4x125g skinless cod loin (or haddock loin) fillets Salt and freshly ground black pepper Basil leaves, to garnish
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 736 Cals, 81.5g Fat