- To make the mushrooms from scratch fry the onion in the oil for 6 mins until softened.
- Add the cinnamon and cumin and cook for 1 min, stirring.
- Add the mushrooms, cook for 2 mins, and then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and honey.
- Season and simmer for 7-8 mins.
- To make the couscous mix the couscous with the dried apricots and some seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour over 250ml boiling water, stir to mix, and then cover.
- Leave to stand for 7 mins or until softened.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with some green beans for a wholesome tasy dinner
1 red onion, sliced 1 tsp olive oil ½ tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground cumin 300g mushrooms, quartered 400g can of chopped tomatoes 410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 1 tsp clear honey 175g couscous 50g soft dried apricots, diced (Use brown unsulphered apricots to maximise flavour) Handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 245 cals, fat 4 g, sat fat 0g