- Heat half the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and sauté the aubergines and okra for 5-10 minutes till starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, heat the other half of the oil in a medium saucepan and add the fennel, nigella and cumin seeds and stir fry for 30 seconds then add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and cook for a further 30 seconds taking care not to let it burn.
- Add the turmeric and immediately add the tomato purée and whizzed tinned tomatoes. Allow the mixture to simmer for 4-5 minutes then add the aubergines, okra and potatoes.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the aubergines, okra and potatoes are fully covered in sauce, then add the stock and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat.
- Stir through the coriander, season and serve.
Dhruv Baker has teamed up with Sainsbury's on the 'Little Twists' campaign which is all about championing everyday food and inspiring the nation to make mid-week cooking a little less ordinary. Dhruv has created this easy indian recipe (less than 30 mins) to celebrate Diwali (11th-15th November). For more recipes, head over to www.homemadebyyou.co.uk.
For more mid-week meals grab the latest copy of Yours and turn to the recipe section.
This veggie curry makes a good mid-week staple, swap the okra for green pepper if you can't find it in your local supermarket
4 x tbsp vegetable oil 150g baby aubergines cut in half lengthways 150g okra cut into 2cm pieces 1 x tsp fennel seeds 1/2 x tsp nigella seeds 1/2 x tsp cumin seeds 2 x tsps grated ginger 4 x cloves crushed garlic 2 x green chillies finely sliced 1/2 tsp turmeric 2 x tbsp tomato puree 400g tinned tomatoes (whizzed in a food processor or mashed with a fork) 150g cooked new potatoes 500ml vegetable stock 1 x small bunch coriander (chopped) Salt to taste
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a