- Heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry to about 15 x 30cm and the thickness of a £1 coin. Trim the edges and transfer to a lightly floured baking tray. Score a 1cm border making sure you don’t go all the way through the base.
- Prick all over the pastry base with a fork, brush the edges of the tart with beaten egg and bake for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile mix the ricotta, mascarpone, lemon zest, herbs and the cheddar in a bowl with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Remove tray from the oven, squash down centre of the tart and spread with the cheese mixture. Place asparagus along the length of the tart, alternating the direction of the tips.
- Brush with the melted Kerrygold butter, scatter over the remaining Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes more. Serve warm.
Recipe from www.kerrygold.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Enjoy this seasons fresh picked asparagus with this tasty tart
250g (10oz) rough puff pastry or shop bought puff pastry 25g (1oz) Kerrygold salted butter - melted Dusting of flour, for the tray Bunch of asparagus, trimmed 1 egg, beaten 100g (4oz) ricotta 75g (3oz) mascarpone Zest 1 lemon 2 tbsp each snipped chives and chopped curly parsley 1 tbsp grated parmesan 1 tbsp grated cheddar
Time: 25 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a