- 3 x 100g (11 oz) packs of asparagus tips
- 200g (7 oz) baby new potatoes
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 700ml (1¼ pint) boiling water
- 15ml (0.5 fl oz) lemon juice
- 30g salted butter
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Sea salt
- 100ml (4 oz) reduced fat Crème Fraîche
- Wash the potatoes (no need to peel) and chop finely.
- Wash, trim and chop the spring onions into small slices.
- Chop the asparagus into chunks.
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan, then add the chopped spring onions and potatoes and cook on a low light for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus, boiling water and the lemon juice.
- Crumble over the stock cubes and season with the pepper and a little salt.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Liquidise, add the crème fraîche, warm through and serve.
Time: 8 mins
Hearty, healthy and delicious soup. Great for lunch!