1. Heat a medium frying pan on the hob and add the pancetta. You will not need oil, as the pancetta will have enough fat in it to cook in. Fry for 4-5 minutes over medium heat until golden and crisp. Add the asparagus and fry for two minutes or until it has begun to soften.
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, less a minute or two so it’s a little underdone.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the cream, crème fraiche, egg yolks, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
4. Drain the cooked pasta, leaving a few tbsp water in the bottom of the pan. Return the pan to a low heat and pour in the sauce. Add the pancetta and asparagus mixture.
5. Toss the pasta in the sauce, until evenly incorporated. Serve with a good grating of Parmesan and black pepper.
Look out for more fab recipe ideas in every issue of Yours, out every fortnight.
*This recipe is a special treat, but you can reduce the calories, fat, saturated fat and salt content using less pancetta, less Parmesan, and half-fat crème fraiche instead of double cream.
250g (8oz) pancetta cubetti 250g (8oz) asparagus, cut into small pieces on an angle 350g (12oz) linguine 200ml (7floz) double cream 200ml (7floz) half fat crème fraiche 2 large egg yolks 35g (1½oz) Parmesan, reserving some to grate on top Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 45 minutes, including cooking time Serves: 4 Nutrition: 936 calories, 60.6g fat, 31.6g sat. fat*