1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly roast the walnuts for 5 minutes, remove and leave to cool.
2. Cook the quinoa according to pack instructions, then transfer to a sieve and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain.
3. Flatten the chicken breasts using a heavy rolling pin. Rub over a little olive oil and seasoning. Heat a pan to hot and griddle the chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Rest it while you prepare the salad.
4. Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
5. Gently turn the apple slices in a little dressing to prevent them going brown.
6. Wash and hull strawberries, then slice thinly. Slice the chicken breast.
7. Toss the watercress and quinoa together with 1 tbsp of dressing, in a picnic bowl. Scatter over the apple, strawberries, walnuts and chicken.
Add some low-fat carbs and essential proteins to your picnic!
25g (1oz) walnuts 70g (2¾oz) quinoa 2 free-range cooked, skinless chicken breasts 1 tsp olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 small apples, unpeeled, cored and sliced 200g (7oz) strawberries 75g (3oz) bag of watercress For the dressing: 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 heaped tsp pink peppercorns, lightly crushed Pinch of salt
Time: 30 minutes, including cooking Serves: 2 Nutrition: 360 calories, 15g fat, 2g sat. fat