- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- In an ovenproof frying pan, fry the apples and plums in the butter over a medium heat. Add in the honey, water, cinnamon and vanilla and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 7-10 mins or until thick and sticky. Allow to cool fully.
- Cut strips of pastry and arrange over the pan in a lattice style, alternating under and over to create a woven effect. Decorate with leaf shaped pastry around the edge.
- Brush with egg yolk and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for a few mins before serving.
- Recipe from www.millycookbook.com
- For more tasty recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Serve this sticky pie with cream, ice cream or custard
1 tbsp. of unsalted butter 5 large cooking apples, cored and cut into slices 5 plums, stoned and cut into slices 200g (7oz) of honey 300ml (10 1/2 fl oz) of water 1 tsp of cinnamon powder 1 vanilla pod, split in half 1 sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry 1 egg yolk
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a