- To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and a little of the milk. Whisk together until well mixed. Whisking continuously, add the remaining milk, the sugar and Calvados.
- Heat a 25cm non-stick frying pan and lightly oil the base. Add enough batter into the hot pan to cover the base. Heat for 45-55 seconds on each side, until golden. Keep the pancakes warm.
- Pour the apple filling into a pan, add the toffee. Heat gently until just simmering but not boiling.
- Pour the custard into a small pan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes until just simmering.
- Spoon the custard onto half the pancake and top with the apple filling. Fold the pancake over and serve.
This indulgent treat is perfect for those with a sweet tooth
395g can apple pie filling 425g can custard 250g plain flour 4 medium eggs 650ml semi-skimmed milk 5 Devonshire toffees cut into chunks 75g caster sugar 2 tbsp Calvados Pinch of salt Sunflower oil to fry
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a