- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Pour the almond milk and vanilla extract into a jug with the egg and whisk together.
- Then pour into the flour, whisking continuously until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat and brush it with some of the melted butter.
- Then pour a ladleful of the batter onto the pan and cook till bubbles form, before turning it over and cooking on the other side.
- Serve with a light sprinkling of icing sugar to make them pretty!
Recipe created by Nadi Sawalha for Blue Diamond.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
It's one of your five a day, free from added sugar and great to make with little ones
225g plain flour 2 tsp of baking powder 2 eggs 300ml of unsweetened almond milk 1 tsp of vanilla extract 2 medium apples peeled and coarsely grated Melted butter
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a