- Shred the cooked turkey and sprinkle over the spices, thyme and season with a little salt and pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and rub the turkey all over. Set aside in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours, overnight is fine if you have time.
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocado in a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper and chilli and mix until you have a desired consistency, smooth or a little lumpy. Set aside.
- Over a medium heat, add a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the turkey until it is warmed though – about 2-3 minutes. Set aside to allow to cool a little.
- Lay out 3 tortillas on the worktop and scatter over the sweetcorn, tomatoes, and spring onions, along with the shredded turkey. Divide the cheese between the three tortillas and arrange the apple slices on top.
- Take the remaining three tortillas and spread the crème fraiche evenly between them. Lay on top of the filled tortillas and press down firmly making a sandwich. Chill until needed - up to 24 hours well wrapped in the fridge is fine - if you are cooking from cold you will need to add a couple of minutes to the cooking time.
- Over a medium high heat, add a little oil in a frying pan large enough to fit the quesadilla. When it is hot lower in one of the quesadillas and fry for 4-5 minutes until it has crisped up. Using a fish slice, carefully flip over and fry for a further 2-3minutes or so until crisp.
- Repeat with the other quesadillas, cutting into wedges when crisp. Serve whilst still warm.
Recipe from Pink Lady Apples.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These tasty turkey-filled tortillas make a fun dinner idea that you can make in a hurry or leave to marinade for an even deeper flavour
350g cooked turkey 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp dried thyme Salt & freshly ground black pepper 2 tsp olive oil For the guacamole: 2 ripe avocados 1 small clove garlic, crushed Juice of ½ a lime, or to taste A shake of chilli sauce A tablespoon of finely chopped coriander Salt & freshly ground black pepper For the quesadillas: 6 large soft tortillas (wraps) a small tin of sweetcorn, drained (120g) a handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered 3 spring onions, chopped 250g mature cheddar cheese, grated 2 apples, cored & thinly sliced 3 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream A little vegetable oil for frying
Time: 5 minutes plus marinating time Serves: 4-6 Nutrition: n/a