- To make the syrup, combine the agave syrup, cinnamon and apple in a small saucepan and very gently heat through, without bringing to a boil. Set aside until ready to use.
- To make the blinis combine the flour, porridge oats, bicarbonate of soda, spices and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Break the egg into a separate bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Stir in the buttermilk, the grated apples, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the water.
- Using a metal spoon, gently combine the buttermilk mixture with the dry ingredients to make a thick batter.
- Heat a pancake pan or non-stick frying pan, add just enough oil and melted butter to coat the base of the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, cook 4-5 blinis at a time over a gentle heat, using a tablespoon of batter for each one.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until bubbles start to appear on the surface of each blini, then flip over and gently cook on the other side for another 3-4 minutes, until the blinis are cooked through. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Pile three blinis per person onto each plate, spoon over some of the spiced apple syrup and enjoy!
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The perfect energy-boosting breakfast
For the syrup: 3 tbsp agave syrup ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional) 1 Pink Lady® apple, unpeeled, diced into very small cubes For the blinis: 100g self-raising wholemeal flour 50g jumbo porridge oats ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda ½ tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp ground ginger Pinch of salt 1 large free-range egg 200ml buttermilk 2 small Pink Lady® apples, unpeeled and grated (130g) 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil 1 tbsp water Knob of unsalted butter, melted
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a