- Melt the chocolate; either over simmering water or in the microwave.
- Stir the cream into the chocolate until silky smooth. Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Have a plate ready with the cocoa powder. Then use a scoop, or teaspoons dipped in hot water, to shape the truffles by running it through the truffle mix. Drop the balls into the cocoa. You will need to dip your 'tools' into the hot water after each truffle.
- Roll and dust all the truffles in cocoa. For a more uniform finish: dust the truffles, roll in your hands to form a smooth ball, then dust again.
- Chill overnight if you can or for at least 4 hours.
For more recipe ideas, visit www.roddas.co.uk/recipes
Look out for more fab recipe ideas in every issue of Yours, out every fortnight.
For a contemporary twist, try flavouring your truffles with 1/4 tsp chilli, the zest of an unwaxed lemon or 1/2 tsp sea salt
227g tub clotted cream 200g (7oz) 70% cocoa solids chocolate 50g (2oz) cocoa powder
Time: 20 minutes, plus several hours chilling Serves: 25 Nutrition: Not available