- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butter, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl and cream together, using a wooden spoon or the paddle attachment of an electric food mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, then fold into the mixture along with the orange zest, orange and lemon juice, and milk.
- In a separate, clean dry bowl, whisk together the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the orange mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 1litre (1¾ pint) capacity ovenproof dish, then place in the oven and bake for about 40 mins. The top should be set, with a layer of orange curd on the bottom. Remove from the oven and serve with softly whipped cream or ice cream.
- Taken from All Things Sweet, By Rachel Allen, published by Harper, £25.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This light pud is quick and easy to make- perfect for serving after a roast dinner!
25g (1oz) butter 250g (9oz) caster or granulated sugar 2 eggs, separated 25g (1oz) plain flour zest and juice of 1 orange juice of ½ lemon 150ml (5floz) milk
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 387 cals, 10g Fat, 5g sat fat