- Whip the eggs and sugar into a mousse-like texture, then fold in the flour and cocoa. Pour mixture into a 10” by 15” tin, lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in the oven at 17OC for 7-1O minutes – it should be firm but springy to the touch when ready. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix 200g of the yogurt with the raspberries. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave, or over a bain-marie. Once melted, stir the remaining 3oog of yogurt into the chocolate and mix thoroughly to make a smooth, glossy frosting.
- Spread the raspberry yogurt mixture evenly over the cool sponge then, using the greaseproof paper, roll the sponge up making sure the first roll is quite tight.
- Roll the rest of the sponge up like a carpet, peeling the paper off as you go. Move the finished roll onto your serving dish with the end of the sponge sitting underneath the roll.
- With a spatula, spread the chocolate frosting evenly over the sponge log. Place in the fridge to set for about an hour and serve with raspberries and double cream.
Recipe from Yeo Valley.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Chocolatey and sweet, it's the perfect candle lit pud to get you in the Valentine's Day mood
3 eggs 75g sugar 75g self-raising flour 25g cocoa powder 500g natural yogurt 100g fresh raspberries 200g dark chocolate
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 8-10 Nutrition: n/a