- 150g ginger biscuits
- 60g butter, melted
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 150g sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- zest and 1 tbsp juice each from 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange
For the sour cream topping:
- 230g sour cream
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C bake (350 F). Grease a 20cm spring form cake tin with a removable rim and line the base with baking paper.
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor to make crumbs. Add the butter and pulse until combined. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the tin and press evenly to form the base and sides. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each until just blended. Using a MicroplaneÒ Master Series Zester gently zest the lemon, lime and orange into the mixture (leaving a slice and a pinch of zest from each fruit for decorating). Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 45 to 50 mins or until centre of the filling is almost set. Run a knife around the rim of the pan to loosen the cake and cool before removing the rim.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Mix the cup sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well blended then carefully spread over the cheesecake.
- Decorate with the fruit slices and remaining zest.
Preparation time: 35 mins
The Zester is a handy all-rounder, useful for grating anything from hard cheese to nuts, ginger, chocolate, garlic and nutmeg.