- 500g (17.6 oz) Alpro Plain with Coconut
- 225g (8 oz) of sweet potato
- 120g (4.2 oz) buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. mixed spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 20g (7 oz) soft light brown sugar
- ½ a tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Groundnut oil
- 300g (10.6 oz) mixed frozen berries
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for around 30 minutes or until completely soft inside. Scoop the flesh out and discard the skin, then place in a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth, leaving in the fridge to completely cool.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, mixed spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, 270g of the Alpro Plain with Coconut and the sweet potato, then pour in the dry ingredients and whisk into a smooth thick batter.
- Brush a waffle iron liberally with groundnut oil and heat then cook the batter in batches
- Pour the frozen berries into a small saucepan and heat until defrosted and warm.
- Plate the waffles and top with the hot berries and remaining Alpro Plain with Coconut.
Preparation time: 45 mins
For extra sweetness, drizzle over a little maple syrup to serve.