- 400g (14 oz) strawberries
- 375g (13 oz) pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 200g (7 oz) strawberry preserve
- 300ml (10 fl oz) double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 22cm loose base fluted round flan tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry and line the tin.
- Trim the top and prick the base with a fork.
- Use some crumpled tin foil to line the base of the pastry and support the sides and then bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil and return the tin to the oven for another 4 minutes to dry out the base, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Put the cream and vanilla essence into a bowl and whisk until thick.
- Cut the strawberries in half, then fill the pastry with cream and top with the strawberries.
- Finally, warm the preserve and glaze the top of the strawberries and any spaces in between.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!