- Thread each of the strawberries onto a skewer or lollipop stick, and push the other end of the skewer into a styrofoam block to use as a holder. Alternatively, cut a thin slice from the base of a baking potato or fill a jam jar with sugar, to use as a holder.
- Melt the 2 types of chocolate separately in 2 small bowls over a pan of simmering water. Dip each of the strawberries into the white chocolate, leaving an inverted ‘V’ shape uncovered for the robin’s red breast. Allow to set.
- Then dip the strawberries into the milk chocolate, leaving an inverted red ‘V’ shape with a border of white around it. After dipping, return each skewer to the stand to set. Before the milk chocolate hardens completely, fix a small stick of the Flake on the back of the strawberry for a tail, a piece of honeycomb above the robin’s breast for its beak and a dark chocolate curl on each side for its wings. Allow to set. Finally add the eyes using 2 dots of black food colouring gel.
- Recipe from www.waitrose.com/recipes
- For more recipes get the latest copy of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
These make a great festive party snack
12 strawberries, not hulled 150g (2oz) pack Cooks' Homebaking White Chocolate, broken into chunks 150g (2oz) pack Cooks' Homebaking Milk Chocolate, broken into chunks 32g (1oz) Cadbury Flake, cut into thin sticks 12 Cooks' Homebaking Honeycomb Niblets 24 Cooks' Homebaking Dark Chocolate Curls Dr Oetker Gel Food Colour Jet Black 12 wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
Time: 30 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a