- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, cream and essence until smooth.
- Combine jam and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until hot. Strain, discarding any solids.
- Spoon 1/4 tsp warm jam into base of each pastry case.
- Spoon or pipe cheese mixture into cases.
- Top each with a piece of strawberry.
- Brush strawberry with remaining jam. Serve.
Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Enjoy these dainty cakes on a picnic or outdoor afternoon tea
75g (4oz) spreadable cream cheese 1/2 tbsp caster sugar 125ml (4 1/2oz) double cream 1/2 tsp vanilla essence 60g (2 1/2 oz) strawberry jam 1 tbsp water 12 petite vol-au-vent pastry cases 3 strawberries, quartered
Time: 16 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a