- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Grease a 1 litre (1_pt) pie dish with butter, then pour in the chopped rhubarb and strawberries and scatter over the caster sugar.
- To make the batter, sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Rub in the butter, then mix in 75g (3oz) of the sugar. Beat the milk and egg together and mix in to form a soft dough. Place in 'blobs' over the top of the fruit.
- Mix the almonds together with the remaining sugar, then sprinkle over the top of the cobbler.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 mins until the centre is cooked through. Stick a skewer into the batter- the cobbler is ready if it comes out clean.
- Taken from All Things Sweet, By Rachel Allen, published by Harper, £25.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Top sweet and warm fruits with a blanket of crunchy buttery topping
300g (11oz) rhubarb, cut into 2cm (1/2 in) pieces 300g (11oz) strawberries, sliced 100g (4oz) caster sugar For the batter: 50g (2oz) butter, plus extra for greasing 225g (8oz) plain flour 2 tsp baking powder 75g (3oz) caster sugar 75ml (3fl oz) milk 1egg 50g (2oz) almonds, chopped o 25g (2oz) caster sugar
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: 418 cals, 14g Fat, 14g sat Fat