- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 360°F / Gas Mark 4.
- In a saucepan reduce the ginger wine, rum and soft brown sugar until it forms a syrup. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices, then add the egg, butter and molasses sugar.
- Using an electric hand mixer or mixer, whisk everything together, gradually adding the warm water to make a smooth mixture.
- Fold in the stem ginger, apple and pecans.
- Divide the mixture into the buttered pudding basins and cook in the middle of an oven for 30 – 35 minutes, until they feel firm and springy to the touch.
- Gently ease the puddings from their basins. Mix the rum and ginger wine syrup with the yoghurt and serve on top of the hot puddings.
Recipe from TOTAL Greek Yoghurt.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A wonderfully indulgent pud with a spicy kick that wards off winter chills
250g Greek Yoghurt 100ml ginger wine 100ml rum 50g soft brown sugar 75g self raising flour ¼ tsp baking powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda 1 tsp ground ginger, heaped ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground ¼ tsp cloves, ground 1 egg, large 40g butter soft 50g sugar molasses 75ml water, warm 50g stem ginger, chopped 75g Bramley apple, peeled and chopped 75g pecans, chopped
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 529 Cals, 27g Fat , 9g Sat Fat