- Pre heat your oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl, stir the caster sugar, eggs and butter. Sieve in the flour and mix, then add the milk.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Mix together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and food colouring. If needed, add milk to loosen the mixture, then place into a icing bag and pipe onto the cupcakes.
How to make the Tombstone Cupcakes:
- Use the buttercream icing underneath your fondant to get a flat surface, and then sculpt your cupcake into a dome using the palm of your hand.
- For the fondant (grass), use green icing colouring. Create the grass by using a Wilton #233 nozzle. Fill the bag with coloured butter icing and squeeze in an upward motion.
- Create the Tombstone by rolling black fondant. We used the cutters from Lakeland but feel free to use a sculpting tool to carve the RIP.
- The pumpkins are made from orange fondant. Simply roll into a ball, make a small indentation on the top and add lines down the side with a sculpting tool. Use some remaining green icing for the stalk.
For more information, please visit: www.udisglutenfree.co.uk
This recipe is from the master bakers at Kings Acre Cupcakes: www.kingsacrecupcakes.co.uk
For more treats you make with the little ones this half-term, grab yourself a copy of Yours.
Good to make with the children if you don't mind a bit of mess. Use an ice-cream scoop to get equal-sized cupcakes
150g udi's all purpose flour 150g caster sugar 2 eggs 150g butter 1 tbsp milk For the orange buttercream: 125g of butter 1 tbsp milk 300g icing sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1 tbsp Dr Oetker food colour gel neon orange/orange food colouring For the tombstone cupcakes: 125g of butter 1 tbsp milk 300g icing sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1tbsp of green food colouring 1 block of black fondant 1 block of orange fondant
Time: 15 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a