- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 or 3 baking trays with baking paper, if you only have 1 baking tray, cook in batches.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar until combined, using a wooden spoon. The mixture doesn’t need to be light. Add the flour and salt and work it in with the wooden spoon, then use your hand to bring the mixture together.
- Turn out the dough and knead for a few moments until smooth – but avoid over-handling. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and stamp out biscuits with a star-shaped cutter (or just use a round one). Re-roll the trimmings to make about 25, placing them on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until pale golden brown. Cool on the trays for 5 mins, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Make the orange brandy butter by beating the butterwith the icing sugar, mixed spice and orange zest. Stir in the brandy, then cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve each biscuit topped with a little mincemeat and orange brandy butter.
Recipe from Lurpack.
For more festive bakes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
The citrus in the orange adds a welcome tang to the rich brandy butter
225g Lurpak® Unsalted butter, at room temperature 110g caster sugar 350g plain flour Pinch salt Orange brandy butter: 100g unsalted butter 100g icing sugar Pinch mixed spice 50g caster sugar Finely grated zest of 1 orange 1 tbsp brandy Luxury mincemeat, to serve
Time: 35 mins Serves: 25 Nutrition: n/a