- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2 – 3 minutes until well mixed.
- Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together and spread over the cakes. Decorate using pretzels for antlers, chocolate buttons and drops for eyes and red sweets for the nose.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These festive cakes are ideal for baking with the grandchildren
115g (4 oz) Flora Buttery 115g (4 oz) castor sugar 2 eggs, medium 115g (4 oz) self-raising flour 15g (½ oz) cocoa powder 30ml red food colouring (gel is best) For the icing: 55g (2 oz) Flora Buttery 225g icing sugar, sieved 1-2 tablespoons milk 25g (1 oz) cocoa powder Decoration: White chocolate buttons and plain chocolate drops Red sweets
Time: 15 mins Serves: 10-12 Nutrition: n/a