170g plain flour
85g stork with butter
30g caster sugar
2-3 tbsp cold water
225g seedless raspberry jam
- To make the pastry place the plain flour in a bowl with the Stork with Butter
- Rub the Stork with Butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar. Add the water a tablespoon at a time and work the pastry until it just comes together.
- Knead lightly until even, wrap in clingfilm and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured work surface to approx. 4mm in thickness and cut out 12 circles. Line the recesses of a shallow bun tray with the pastry circles. Gather together the pastry trimmings and re-roll. Cut out 12 small crowns with a sharp knife.
- Fill each pastry case with 1-2 tsps of jam. Top each tart with a pastry crown and bake in the oven for 12-15 mins until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool. Serve.
Instead of making little jam tarts, you could always make one big one instead. Just use a 20cm tart tin, blind bake the pastry first and then cut into triangles to serve
Time: 20 mins