- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line two 20cm (8in) round sandwich tins.
- Whisk the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract using an electric whisk.
- Using a large metal spoon add 75g (3oz) plain flour and gently fold in. Follow this with 50ml (2floz) of vegetable oil then add another 75g (3oz) flour and another 50ml (2floz) of oil.
- Pour the batter into each tin evenly.
- Bake for 35 mins or until golden brown. Transfer the sponges to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile whip the whipping cream until soft peaks and then gently fold in strawberry yogurt.
- Sandwich the cakes by spreading over strawberry jam then add sliced strawberries. Spread over the cream and yogurt mixture. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Recipe from www.rachelsorganic.co.uk
In the mood for tea and cake? Then why not give this strawberry sponge cake a go!
5 eggs 150g (5oz) caster sugar 2-3 drops of vanilla extract 150g (6oz) of plain flour 100ml (4floz) of vegetable oil 200ml (7floz) whipping cream 100g (4oz) strawberry yogurt 4 tbsp strawberry jam 150g (5oz) sliced strawberries
Time: 15 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: 370 cals Fat 19.5g (sat fat 8g)