- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°C/gas mark 5.
- Put 12 paper cupcake cases into a 12-hole fairy cake tin.Put the butter, sugar, self-raising flour, eggs, milk, ice cream sauce and toffee pieces into a mixing bowl and mix everything together so there are no lumpy bits of butter.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the paper cases. Put the cake tin in the oven, then bake for 18 minutes.
Take the cupcakes out of the oven and leave them to cool completely.While the cakes are cooling you can make the icing. Put the icing sugar
into a bowl then add the butter, vanilla essence and water.
- Beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. If you can use a piping bag, put the icing into the bag and pipe some on top of each cake in a big swirl, or just spread the icing on with a spoon.
- To finish, cut out the template on page 31 and follow the instructions.
- To make the poppy roll out the red icing and cut out the shape of the poppy petals. Paint with edible red glitter and place half a blackberry in the centre.
- Place poppy on top of cake.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Ideal to make with grandchildren
115g softened butter 115g cup caster sugar 115g self-raising flour 2 eggs 1 tbsp milk 1 tablespoon of toffee ice cream sauce (or Dulce de Leche) 12 soft toffees cut into little pieces 250g icing sugar 125g softened butter 2 tbsp cold water 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 1 packet of red ready-to-roll icing 1 pot of red edible glitter 6 blackberries
Time: 10 mins Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a