- Preheat the oven to 200°c (fan oven 180°c), gas mark 6.
- To make the pastry, put the flour, butter caster sugar and egg yolk into a food processor or blender and pulse until it reaches the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Place 3 tbsps of water in a cup and stir in the almond extract. With the motor running, add enough water, a little at a time, until the mixture just begins to form a dough. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and line 4 x ceramic heart shaped dishes. Prick the pastry all over with a fork and refrigerate until needed.
- Bake the pastry cases blind in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.
- To assemble the tarts, spread the conserve over the base of the pastry cases. Separate the eggs and mix together the egg yolks, mascarpone, sugar and ground almonds. Whisk the whites in a clean, dry bowl to stiff peaks and fold into mascarpone mixture. Pour this over the raspberry bases.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°c (fan oven 160°c), gas mark 4 and bake the tarts for about 15-25 minutes.
- The tarts are cooked when the tops have risen a little and the mixture is set and golden. Lightly dust with icing sugar, and add a decorative heart-shaped dollop of raspberry conserve, for added Valentines effect. Serve warm with a dollop of crème fraîche.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A Bonne Maman recipe.
These tarts can be made up to 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container. Warm in a low oven for 10 minutes before serving
175 g (6 oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting 75 g (3 oz) butter 25 g (1 oz) caster sugar 1 egg yolk 1 tbsp almond extract For the filling: 175 g (6 oz) Bonne Maman Raspberry Conserve 2 large free-range eggs 150 g (5 oz) mascarpone cheese 75 g (3 oz) caster sugar 50 g (2 oz) ground almonds To finish: 1 tbsp icing sugar, to dust 1 x 200 ml tub crème fraîche Extra Bonne Maman Raspberry Conserve to decorate
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a