1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed tin.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Place yolks into one bowl and the whites of three eggs in another, reserving the last egg white.
3. Whisk the three egg whites to form soft peaks, then set aside.
4. Add the sugar, cinnamon and orange zest to the egg yolks. Whisk until pale and creamy. Stir in almonds and gently fold in egg whites with a metal spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tray. Evenly press in the frozen raspberries, then lay apple slices on top, pressing slightly into the mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
6. Mix 1 tsp jam with 1 tsp remaining egg white. Paint the bake with this for a glossy finish and leave in the tin until cool.
Don't worry - adding the almonds will make the mixture quite stiff
4 large eggs 120g (4oz) unrefined caster sugar 1/ 2 tsp ground cinnamon Zest of 1/ 2 small orange 190g (63/ 4oz) ground almonds 24 frozen raspberries (don't defrost) 1 apple, unpeeled, cored and sliced thinly 1 tsp apricot jam, to glaze
Time: 45 minutes, including cooking time Serves: 12 Nutrition: 173 calories, 9g fat, 1g sat. fat