- Line a shallow baking tin with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 180C
- With a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until it turns pale and fluffy, approximately two minutes
- Add the eggs to the sugar and butter one at a time, beating well between each addition
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix slowly until just combined. This forms quite a stiff mixture
- Using a spatula spread the cake batter over the tin; gently press the fruit into the top of the sponge.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the sponge has turned golden brown on top and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool to room temperature in the tray, slice and serve
Recipe from Uyen Luu in conjunction with Leisure range cookers.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A fun dessert packed with fruit
200g butter at room temperature 120g caster sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp baking powder 250g plain flour 5 plums, de-stoned and cut into six
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a