- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, apricots, pistachios and rosemary in a mixing bowl and stir together so that everything is evenly dispersed.
- Beat the egg with the milk using a whisk, and pour this into the bowl.
- Bring everything together into a dough using your hands. Grab the ingredients and squeeze them together, then when the mixture forms a rough dough, knead it gently for a minute.
- Roll the dough into a long fat sausage, about 23cm long, then place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until light golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and slice into 1cm-thick pieces using a sharp serrated knife.
- Put these slices back on the baking sheet and back into the oven, turning the oven down to 130°C and baking for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before eating
Recipe from former Great British Bake-Off winner, John Whaite, who has joined Currys PC World to get the nation baking. To see their full baking range, as well as tips and videos from John, visit www.currys.co.uk/baking.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These biscottis burst with flavour when you crunch into them
125g plain flour 75g caster sugar 1/2 tsp baking powder Zest of 1 large orange 50g dried apricots, roughly chopped 80g pistachio kernels, roughly chopped 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1 egg 1 tbsp milk
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 18-20 Nutrition: n/a