- 1 pack 375g (13 oz) ready rolled puff pastry
- 90g (3 oz) jam – raspberry, strawberry or apricot
- 1 medium egg yolk – whisked
- 25g (1 oz) granulated sugar
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 6 x 10 cm squares.
- Using a sharp knife, make a 4cm diagonal cut in all four corners of each square, cutting towards the centre.
- To form the pinwheels, fold every other point of puff pastry toward the centre – pressing down gently until they stick.
- Brush the pinwheels with egg wash and sprinkle over the granulated sugar.
- Put a teaspoon of your chosen jam in the centre of each, place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and risen.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Use a tiny bit of egg yolk to help the pastry sick if you find difficulty when folding