- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 50g (1.7 oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 320g (11 oz) pack Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry sheet, left at room temperature for 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Place the pineapple slices, sugar, vanilla seeds and butter in a large bowl and gently stir, coating all the pineapple.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 equal rectangles. Arrange the slices of pineapple on the centre of each pastry, leaving about 3cm of clear pastry around the edge. Fold in the edges in a neat rectangle, making a pinch in each corner.
- Place on the baking tray and brush the pastry with a little milk. Bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden, then drizzle over the maple syrup and return to the oven for 5–10 minutes until the pineapple is golden brown.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Nutrition: 557 cals, 27g fat, 36.1g sugars, 0.9g salt (sat fat 9.7g)
If a dessert, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream