- Preheat the oven to 170 ?C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 20cm (8 in) cake tin.
- Not including the eggs and flour, in a saucepan, mix all the remaining ingredients together.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat, simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the beaten eggs and flour, stir thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for approximately 1½ hours.
- Cool in the tin, then place the cake on a wire rack to allow it to cool completely before serving.
Recipe courtesy of SPANA World Tea Party.
For more recipes grab t.
Serve your cake with some traditional rooibos (redbush) tea.
185g (6½oz) soft brown sugar 375g (13oz) dried mixed fruit (such as currants and raisins) 125g (4½oz) glacé cherries, chopped 125g (4½oz) unsalted butter or margarine, diced into cubes 125g (4½oz) pineapple chunks (fresh or tinned) 75g (3oz) desiccated coconut (optional) 185ml (6fl oz) pineapple juice 2 eggs, beaten 250g (9oz) self-raising flour
Time: 30min Serves: 8-10 slices Nutrition: N/A