Serves: 9 Prep: 20 mins Cook: 35 mins
135g (4½oz) gluten-free quick cooking rolled oats
45g (2oz) oat flour (make your own by putting rolled oats into a food processor.)
20g (¾oz) puffed rice cereal
80g (4oz) brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
220g (7oz) pecans, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
125ml (1/4pt) coconut oil, melted
80ml (3fl oz) maple syrup
60g (2 ½ oz) almond butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350F/Gas Mark 4. Line an 20cx20cm (8x8in) baking tin with baking paper and lightly grease.
2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients including the oats, flour, rice cereal, sugars, spices and nuts.
3. Combine the vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a small saucepan and warm until all the ingredients are melted and combined. Add the almond butter and stir well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix. Pour the contents of the bowl evenly into the lined baking tin and even the top with a spatula.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 mins until the bars are browned and bubbling.
6. Remove the oven and leave to cool.
Cook’s tip: Once cooled, place in the fridge for 15- 30 mins to further set and help prevent crumbling.
- Recipe from https://myvega.com