- Whisk butter and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in almond powder then the eggs.
- Leave to set and remove from fridge 10 mins before using.
- Cut a large rectangle of the pastry, fold in 1cm border along the edge and prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Spread the almond cream to cover the base.
- Peel and slice pears into about 3mm thick slices and alternate layers.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the Demerara.
- Bake in oven in 180 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes until pastry is crispy and golden and the pears are cooked.
- Serve with organic crème fraîche.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A perfect dessert for autumn
1/2 Puff Pastry Sheet 5 Organic Pears 100g Soft Organic Butter 100g Caster Sugar 120g Ground Almonds 2 Medium Organic Eggs, beaten 20g Demerara Sugar 25g Melted Organic Butter Organic Crème Fraîche to serve
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 5 Nutrition: n/a