- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- As you prepare the pears, toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning. Mix the pears, dried cranberries, cinnamon and caster sugar and tip into a shallow, oven proof dish.
- Mix the flour with the oats and salt. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the fruit in a thick, even blanket.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until browned and bubbling. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe from Ocean Spray.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The fragrance of cooked pears is beautifully set off by the flavour of dried cranberries
4 pears, peeled, cored and thickly sliced 1 tablespoon lemon juice 60g (2oz) dried cranberries 1 teaspoon cinnamon 85g (3 oz) caster sugar For the topping: 170g (6 oz) plain flour 60g (2 oz) rolled oats pinch of salt 85g (3 oz) caster sugar 150g (5 oz) butter
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4-6 Nutrition: n/a