- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4
- Melt the butter over a low heat. Blend the McVitie’s Digestives and the almonds in a processor and, with the processor on low speed, slowly add the melted butter until just combined
- Pour the McVitie’s Digestives base into a 20cm square or round spring form baking tin and level with the back of a spoon, pushing the mixture up at the sides to form a tart base with sides. Chill for 20 mins
Bake the crust for 12-15 mins. Cool completely
- Meanwhile, gently heat 200ml of cream in a heavy bottomed pan until bubbles just begin to form around the edges. Add the chocolate and butter and stir with a balloon whisk until both have melted completely
- Add the zest of one orange and the remaining cream as needed, the filling should be thick but not so thick that it won’t pour
- Cool to room temperature, whisk again and pour into the cooled tart shell. Chill for 4-5 hours, preferably overnight
- Carefully remove from the tin and garnish with the strawberries, orange slices and flaked almonds before serving.
Recipe from McVities. For more information, head over to McVites.
For more baking recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours magazine.
Desserts don't have to be complicated, this chocolate orange tart with strawberries is simple and easy to make
For the base: 150g McVitie's Digestives 50g whole almonds 50g butter For the filling: 200g dark chocolate 300ml reduced fat cream 1 orange 40g unsalted butter 50g strawberries Sliced Flaked almonds
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a