- 5 nectarines
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 50g (2 oz) golden caster sugar
- 50g (2 oz) Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 375g (12 ½ oz) puff pastry, ready rolled
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/Gas 6. Halve the nectarines, remove the stones and set aside one half. Cut each of the remaining halves into 4 slices.
- Place the butter in the tarte tatin mould and heat in the microwave on medium power for 30-40 seconds or until the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar and stir well to combine.
- Place the half nectarine, cut side down, in the centre of the mould, make a ring of sliced nectarines, flesh side down, around it then arrange the remaining sliced nectarines around the outside of the mould, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with crushed Amaretti biscuits.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 3-4 minutes or until the fruit is just beginning to soften.
- Cut a 28cm circle of pastry and place it over the top of the nectarines, tucking the pastry edges down the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before inserting the ceramic serving plate into the mould and turning out the tarte tatin.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Delicious served hot or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Please note this recipe was cooked in a 900W microwave, so timings may have to be adjusted according to your microwave’s wattage.