- Put all the ingredients, except the rum, in a large pan and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat, leave to cool, and then stir in the rum. Cool completely.
- For the topping, melt the coconut oil and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the flour, semolina and agave together in a bowl. Pour over the melted coconut oil and mix until it combines to form a soft dough. Bring together into a ball and wrap in cling film and pop in the freezer for 30 mins.
- For the pastry, put the flour in a mixing bowl and rub in the coconut oil until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs (or whiz in a food processor). Add the agave nectar and just enough cold water to mix to a firm but not dry dough. Shape into a disc and chill for 20 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°F/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a 23cm x 33cm swiss roll tin.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a rectangle slightly larger than the swiss roll tin, then use it to line the base and sides of the tin.
- Spread the mincemeat evenly over the pastry base. Using a coarse grater, grate the topping over the mincemeat.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden all over. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little, then slice and serve whilst still warm.
This recipe is from Lisa Faulkner who is the brand ambassador for The Groovy Food Company, an award-winning British brand that produces alternatives to refined and processed cupboard staples.
For more festive bakes, grab the latest issue of Yours, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
If you can't bring yourself to make another batch of mince pies, this streusel bake is the perfect way to use up any jars of mincemeat
150g raisins 150g sultanas 100g currants 100g dried cranberries 100g chopped mixed peel 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated 100g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 25g dessicated coconut 125ml The Groovy Food Company Amber and Mild Agave Nectar 1 heaped tsp ground mixed spice Finely grated zest of 1 lemon 100ml dark rum For the topping: 75g The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 75g self-raising flour 40g semolina 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Rich and Dark Agave Nectar Icing sugar, for dusting For the pastry: 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting 125g chilled The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, cut into cubes 2 tsp The Groovy Food Company Amber and Mild Agave Nectar 1–2 tbsp cold water
Time: 30 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a