- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170/Gas Mark 5. First make the pastry, by rubbing the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and mix for a moment, then add the egg and enough water to mix together to form a soft dough.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured surface and use it to line a 28cm (11in) flat tin.
- Prick the base of the pastry using a fork.
- Next make the filling – mix the butter and sugar until creamy, add the eggs and blend, then mix in the ground almonds and almond extract.
- Spread a thin layer of mincemeat over the base of the pastry and spoon the almond mixture on top, and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Sit the tart tin onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- To finish the tart, make a glace icing from the icing sugar and lemon juice, adding water to make it a pouring consistency.
- Drizzle over the tart and serve.
Recipe from Kerrygold.
For more Christmas baking recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours magazine.
If you want to make your mincemeat extra special, then jazz it up by adding some sour cherries soaked in marsala
Pastry: 225g (8oz) plain flour 100g (4oz) butter, cubed 50g (2oz) caster sugar 1 egg 1 tablespoon water Almond filling: 175g (6oz) Kerrygold butter 175g (6oz) caster sugar 4 eggs 175g (6oz) ground almonds 1 teaspoon almond extract ½ jar good quality mincemeat 50g (2oz) flaked almonds Topping: 75g (3oz) icing sugar Juice of ½ lemon
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a