- Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, reserving 1 teaspoon of the flour for dusting, then add the butter or margarine and gently rub it in with your fingertips.
- Add cold water until the mixture is wet enough to mix into a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5 and lightly spray 32 bun tin holes with low calorie cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the reserved flour over a work surface then roll out the pastry thinly.
- Cut out 32 rounds with a 7.5cm fluted cutter and use to line the bun tin holes. Reserve the trimmings to make the pastry stars.
- Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases, using about half a tablespoon for each one.
- Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars with a cutter. Use these to decorate the tops of the tarts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured, then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with a light sprinkling of icing sugar if desired.
- Recipes taken from A Slimming World Christmas, which is available from all Slimming World groups at the price of £4.95/€7.95. To find your nearest Slimming World group visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000. Photos: A Slimming World Christmas/Lara Holmes.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Nothing says Christmas like a mince tart and these beauties will be loved by friends and family alike
225g plain flour a pinch of salt 110g butter or margarine, cut into small cubes low calorie cooking spray 16 level tbsp mincemeat
Time: 25 mins Serves: 32 Nutrition: n/a