- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring often. Remove from the heat and leave to cool but not set.
- Put the meringues on a large plate. Spoon a little melted chocolate into the base of each and leave to set.
- Spread a sheet of greaseproof paper on a work surface and spoon the remaining chocolate onto the paper, to make decorative shards or zigzags. Leave to set, chilling if necessary.
- Wash and dry the chocolate bowl, then pour in the cream and whisk until just beginning to thicken.
- Add the conserve and whisk again until thick. Spoon into the nests and arrange cherries on top.
- Gently peel the chocolate decorations from the greaseproof paper and use them to decorate the nests.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Light to eat and light on the pocket!
100g (31/ 2oz) dark chocolate – 70% cocoa, broken up 8 ready-made meringue nests 150ml (1/ 4pt) double cream 2 tbsp berry or cherry conserve 16 cherries
Time: 20 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: 244 cals, fat 16g, sat fat 8.5g